2011-01-03 Ubuntu SRU and LTS bi-weekly - minutes

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at canonical.com
Wed Jan 5 22:22:58 UTC 2011

Happy New Year!  I hope that everyone had a good holiday break, and
has caught up with their inbox now.  :)

Thank you to all who were around and able to attend the 1/3 SRU and
10.04.2 LTS bi-weekly meeting earlier this week.

Highlights:

10.04.2
- targetted for release on 2/17.
- feature freeze is set for 1/20, based on existing process[1].
  (Note. process for setting didn't have new SRU cadence factored in
  so this date is being reviewed and may change.)

SRU updates
- kernel update life cycle we're settling into for lucid/maverick is:
  (friday of prior week) - kernel uploaded to -proposed
  verification week - using built kernel, backing out failures
  testing week - hardware cert and regression testing
  (end of testing week) - kernel moved to -update
  see [2] for current prediction of SRU for rest of Natty.
- next cycle will have extra week in verification to avoid conflict
  with platform team rally.

Details (logs, links, actions, etc.) from the meeting can be found in
[3].

Cheers,  Kate

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PointReleaseProcess
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyReleaseInterlock