2011-02-11 Ubuntu Release Meating Minutes
kate.stewart at canonical.com
Mon Feb 14 19:23:49 UTC 2011
Overall: Teams are starting into the A3 feature groove :), bug backlog
is still a bit high in some areas.
* QA: Linux, LibreOffice, and Unity are toping the list of incoming
bugs over last week.
* HW Cert: All servers for 11.04 except 1 are now reporting results,
desktop runs not done this week due to hardware relocation.
* Bugs under focus: 714829, 695842, 715871
* Security: Making progress on work items for Natty, nothing A3
* Bugs under focus: bug:344878, bug:712662 (pending doko input),
bug:714908, bug:714958, bug:715874.
* Kernel: uploaded two kernels with the latest v2.6.38-3.30
(v2.6.38-rc4 based) with lots of fixes for graphics, now mostly
* Bugs under focus: see Kernel team report.
* Foundations: btrfs installs now confirmed to work properly again,
Upstart visualisation and interactive boot work
* Bugs under focus: made progress this week, switching back to
features for A3
* Server: working on awstrial, new openstack snapshot, working on LXC
on openstack, and new packages including Handbreak plugin for mysql.
Eucalyptus still remains to be a problem in Natty.
* Bugs under focus: regression showing up with bug:590201, will
provide feedback on above list post meeting.
* Desktop: cleanup of A3 WI's in progress, annoying compiz bug about
invisible windows should be fixed now, python-gobject ABI breakage
has been hotfixed, so pygtk apps are running normally again
* Bugs under focus: 638827 is blocked on mozilla.
* UbuntuOne: shotwell not looking likely for Natty, unity integration
has started, and banshee still needs some work.
* Kubuntu: kubuntu mobile mostly working again, libindicate-qt updated
for new API, Qt being built with gcc 4.4 to work around issues with
gcc 4.5 on ARM
* Thorny areas that need some focus and/or decisions:
* plymouth timing interactions with vesab (kernel, foundations)
* Eucalyptus (server)
* X - rolling back, or working around? (desktop, arm, kernel)
* python 2.6/2.7 vs. 2.7 only? (motu, foundations)
* picking up Linaro recent toolchain drop? (arm, foundations,
* [release team] to revisit release freeze date, and its relation to
* [zul] to provide update on status of server bugs highlighted in
* [wendar] to post resolution on the Python 2.6/2.7 vs Python 2.7
inclusion in Natty
* [skaet] follow up with doko after he returns on Linaro toolchain
Full summary and links to logs can be found:
More information about the Ubuntu-release