Reminder: 11.10 Beta Freeze and User Interface Freeze this Thursday

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 23 17:03:39 UTC 2011

Dear Developers,
    Just a reminder that we'll be entering User Interface Freeze[1] as
well as Beta Freeze[2] this Thursday (August 25th)[3] at 21OO UTC.

   The user interface must be stabilized so that documentation writers
and translators can work on a fixed target that doesn't obsolete
screenshots or documentation.

   Beta Freeze is necessary so we can stabilize the archive and the
archive administrators can get the inconsistencies resolved.

   Thank you for your cooperation on getting those bug fixes for beta
and last user interface tweaks made before this Thursday.

Kate,
on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BetaFreeze