2010-09-24, Ubuntu Release Meeting Agenda

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 24 15:56:11 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 11:57 +0100, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

> Matthew East wrote on 24/09/10 08:44:
> > A particular bug I am interested in isn't on the agenda although it is
> > of High importance and is milestoned to maverick - I suspect that is
> > because it does not have a maverick bug task. I don't know why that is
> > the case, nor am I able to nominate it for fixing in Maverick,
> > possibly because it has already been declined. I was always under the
> > impression that the "nominate for release" task was not used for the
> > current development release, because that was used only for SRU update
> > bugs. I thought that it was sufficient to milestone a bug to maverick
> > in order to get it onto the release team's radar. Is that incorrect?
>
> "Series, releases, and milestones overlap confusingly"
> <http://launchpad.net/bugs/174468>

So yes..it is confusing, but that's why we have a release manager ;).
If there is a bug that you feel is not being highlighted...tell the
release manager (in this case me and Kate Stewart).  We can then take
appropriate action.

-Robbie

Robbie Williamson                                     robbie at ubuntu.com
Ubuntu                                         robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)