ubuntu-release delegations for unseeded packages in universe/multiverse

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Sep 23 03:45:56 BST 2010

On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 03:20:45 pm Stefan Potyra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first off, apologies for the confusion regarding ubuntu-release delegations
> and for getting delegations only set up this late in the cycle.
>
> For universe/multiverse packages, that are NOT found on any installation
> media, Feature Freeze Exceptions [1] can be obtained from one of the
> delegates in addition to ubuntu-release until the date of Final Freeze for
> universe [2]:

One thing I think we missed (since it's new this cycle) is Ubuntu Sugar Remix.
A lot of their work is landing late and it's the first cycle for them, so
there's no chance of regression.  I'd like to give Luke Faraone (lfaraone)
delegation for u-s-r.  It would just cover u-s-r specific packages such as
their metapackage and any artwork, default settings, etc. (not all Sugar
packages in the archive).  I've been working with lfaraone on getting packages
sync'ed from Debian to support this initiative and I'm confident he'd handle
the delegation well.

Scott K