10.04.1 Release Schedule Update (Part Two)

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 10 18:24:03 BST 2010

Hello all,

We are *REALLY* close to having 10.04.1 ready to go, but it turns out
that releasing 10.10 Alpha 3 last week delayed some of our efforts for
10.04.1.  Thus, we will be shooting for a release next Tuesday (August
17th).  This will give us enough time to have all milestoned fixes
properly in -updates, ISOs correctly sized (they are currently
oversized), and everything tested.

I personally apologize for this slip, and it only highlights what a
great job Steve Langasek did as our release manager.  You all will be
happy to know that we've found a successor (and it's not me..yay!!),
Kate Stewart, who will be easing into the role over the next few
months...taking on 11.04 full-time.  Over the coming weeks, I (along
with others in the release team) will be slowly bringing her
up-to-speed.

Again, please note that this schedule change *DOES NOT AFFECT
10.10*...we are _firmly_ committed to delivering Maverick Meerkat on
10.10.10. So don't panic ;)

-Robbie

Robbie Williamson                                     robbie at ubuntu.com
Ubuntu                                         robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)