Approval of clamav update plan

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 6 22:17:22 BST 2009

Hi Scott,

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 01:33:11PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> At yesterday's tech board meeting, the tech board approved the clamav update
> plan contingent on approval by the Ubuntu security and release teams:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClamavUpdates

> The security team has already concurred with the plan.

> Please let me know if there are questions.  Please cc me on any mail as I
> am not subscribed.

Looks good to me in the main.

Earlier I think we discussed the number of packages needing to be rebuilt
for each library soname change, and you mentioned that the number has been
going down because third-party packages are increasingly moving to use the
more stable clamav-daemon interface.  Should this be documented somewhere as
an assumption/recommendation, in connection with this policy?

Any comments from other members of the release team on this before we give
the TB a thumbs-up?