[Fwd: Launchpad 1.1.10 released!]
magicfab at ubuntu.com
Dim 4 Nov 02:43:19 GMT 2007
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Launchpad 1.1.10 released!
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:02:28 +0100
From: Matthew Revell <matthew.revell at canonical.com>
Reply-To: ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
To: ubuntu-devel-announce at lists.ubuntu.com
Welcome to Launchpad's October 2007 release, 1.1.10!
Let's take a look at some of the highlights:
* Faster translations imports: more efficient import process to avoid
queues at busy times.
* New badges in branch listings: highlight mirroring errors and branches
that have blueprint links.
* Create FAQs from solved as well as open questions.
* Easier sprint admin: meeting organisers can now download a CSV file
of attendee details.
* Adding a bug watch now checks for dupes: Launchpad will show all
bugs that share a bug watch. Ideal for finding duplicate reports.
* File downloads: product and series owners can now add downloadable
files to a project.
* PPA packages are now overridden to the main component and can be
built against all Ubuntu components.
Ubuntu bug triagers will be pleased to hear that the "Source package"
panel has returned to distribution package bug pages.
Also this month we're pleased to welcome Zope 2, Exaile and the Intel
Mobile Linux project who are now using Launchpad to track their bugs!
For a detailed view of what's new in each part of Launchpad, read on.
* Milestones can now have a description. The description is displayed
on the milestone index and listing pages and can be edited by users
who have permission to modify the milestone. (Bug 135821)
* When a new project is registered, Launchpad now requires that the
project's licence be specified. (Bug 117276)
* Teams owners can now request a team merger by filing a request with
a Launchpad administrator. (Bug 29177)
* Team overview pages now show that team's number of active, proposed
and inactive members.
* User profiles now include the full URL for that person's wiki
entries, rather than just their wiki names. (Bug 103376)
* Teams have a FOAF RDF view at /~team-name/+rdf and it now includes
each member's Launchpad username as "foaf:nick". (Bug 153251)
* Launchpad URLs are all lower case. Now, URLs with upper case
characters are redirected to the correct URL. For example:
https://launchpad.net/Ubuntu now redirects to
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu. (Bug 56646)
* Inactive accounts are no longer returned in people searches.
Distribution Management including PPA (Soyuz)
* PPAs no longer have ogre-model build constraints and sources are
built against all components of Ubuntu and the PPA in question.
Source uploads and their binary results will be always overridden.
* Build failure notification emails now have two additional headers:
"X-Launchpad-Build-Component:" and "X-Launchpad-Build-Arch:".
* Previously, when a package was uploaded to PPA with an unknown
section in its changes file, the section was automatically changed
to "misc". This caused a confusing error: when the build was
uploaded, the section in its .dsc file was not the same as the
changes-file section. This section override now only affects
uploads to the Ubuntu archive and not PPAs. (Bug 140522)
* PPA packages are now presented in a separate section on a user's
packages page. (Bug 135669)
* All source package changelogs now add a link to references with the
format "LP: #nnn" to the relevant bug page. (Bug 116309)
* Packages, Sources and Release files have been restored to the
indices/md5sums.gz file in the Ubuntu archive. (Bug 144719)
* Several UI improvements have been made to PPA and distro source
* The contents of each package in a PPA can now be viewed on the PPA
overview page by clicking the arrow beside the package name.
* The "source package" information panel has been restored for bugs
reported against distribution packages. This shows the package's
latest release, uploader, maintainer, maintainer defaults and which
series the package was originally uploaded to. (Bug 134220)
* Links to external websites that are added to a bug report are now
collated at the bottom of the bug description. (Bug 5998)
* Changes to a bug's milestone are now recorded in the bug's activity
log. (Bug 65660)
* When adding a link to an external bug, Launchpad will now also show
any other bugs that link to that same external bug. This will help
the discovery of duplicate bugs. (Bug 29206)
* If there is a problem updating the status of a bug watch, Launchpad
now displays an error message. (Bug 38489)
* The overview page for an external bug tracker that is registered in
Launchpad has a related projects panel to show which projects
Launchpad knows are using this bug tracker. Previously, the panel
listed only project groups (e.g. GNOME), whereas it now also lists
projects (e.g. Ekiga, Epiphany, libart and so on). (Bug 123518)
* The Bug Tracker's email interface now supports adding and removing
milestones from a bug. (Bug 54389)
* The name that Launchpad holds for an external bug tracker can now
be changed. (Bug 135531)
* Bug-branch links are now deletable. Bug branch links are also
editable directly from both the bug and branch details pages.
( Blueprints launchpad-bazaar and
* Branches with links to blueprints are now marked with a badge in
branch listings. Similarly, a warning badge is displayed against
mirrored branches that have suffered a mirroring error.
(Bug 79492 and blueprint listing-badges)
* Branch listings are now sortable by lifecycle status, branch name,
author, registrant, age and time of last change. (Bug 148226)
* FAQs can be created for solved questions to aid discussion of the
issue. Previously, FAQs could only be created for open questions.
* People who have registered their intention to attend a meeting or
sprint can download a CSV file of everyone who has indicated that
they plan to attend. (Bugs 70828 and 155961)
* Importing translations into Launchpad should now be substantially
faster. (blueprint super-fast-imports-phase1)
* Translations for projects that do not use Launchpad Translations
will now be hidden. This will prevent people from spending time
creating translations that will not be used. Project owners can
make translations visible for their project by selecting the
"Translations for this project are done in Launchpad" check-box on
the project's "edit details" page. (Bug 84499)
Matthew Revell - talk to me about Launchpad
Join us in #launchpad on irc.freenode.net
Plus d'informations sur la liste de diffusion Ubuntu-quebec