21.04 (beta) x86_64 tested

Ross Gammon rosco2 at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 4 16:32:13 UTC 2021

Hi Lukasz,

On 03/04/2021 17:24, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
> Per process, we always mark a milestone released once it's released.
> Since Beta has been released on 1st of April, we switched it to the
> 'Released' state (which caused it to appear as "(archived)"). Testing
> of the beta images no longer make sense via the iso-tracker as we will
> not be re-releasing Beta - it's done, it's closed and we now focus on
> our road to release - dailies make much more sense now. I think it was
> always like this, per the process document here [1] (last task of the
> 'Release' day).

Thanks for the reply. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me! It makes
sense that when released it goes to "released" status. But archived
still seems strange.

Of course we use the tracker to test an image "before" we release. Lets
call it a brain fart.

But, following the bug reporting link in the Beta release notes, I do
wonder if we should encourage the use of the "iso-testing tag", and
maybe the "ubuntu-21.04-beta" tag so that the bug shows up on the
testing tracker for the next milestone release, and it is clear if the
bug is "installation" related - that it was the beta image that was used.

Cheers,

Ross