Help Needed Testing Lubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish Beta!

EdLesMann edlesmann at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 02:31:45 UTC 2018

On 10/02/2018 06:47 PM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
> On 2018-10-02 16:38, EdLesMann wrote:
>> The only "oddity" is this. Why is there an option to install Lubuntu on
>> my desktop after I've installed Lubuntu? ;-)
>
> That is strange, and not something I can reproduce. We actually
> [explicitly remove the installer][1]. Maybe you didn't restart? Or you
> didn't remove the installation media before restarting?
>
> [1]:
> https://phab.lubuntu.me/source/calamares-settings-ubuntu/browse/master/lubuntu/modules/packages.conf$5

Greetings,

I did remove the USB and was booted into the new install. I did explore
it a bit, the calamares application and most of the stuff was gone but
the desktop icon was still there. Is it possible it was copied when the
home directory was setup/configured? (just a crazy thought of mine)

I just spent an hour poking at the new install and setting up my
workflow. Not sure I want to blow the install away. However, I can
install it into a VM later and see if I can reproduce.