Unable to report bug

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 4 00:05:52 UTC 2018

On Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 04:29:16AM +0100, bernard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to report you what i think is a bug (because other unix
> systems i know don't behave the same way).
>
> The problem is that i have no crash report to provide because my system is
> working properly, but it works properly the wrong way.

Is the issue you are trying to report a crash or is it about an
application not behaving the way you expect? If it is the latter then
there would not be a crash report.

> So i have two problems:
>
>     1/ I have no crash report to provide to identify the problem cause i
> have
>
>     2/ I am unable to report the bug to launchpad because the system does
> not open the browser page
>
> I tried ubuntu-bug which sent something somewhere but didn't allow me to
> describe the problem.

ubuntu-bug with an argument which can be a package name, or path to a
binary among other things should open a browser window or new tab with a
Launchpad url in it. Did you not get this behavior? If so what desktop
environment, browser, and release of Ubuntu are you running?

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master