I have written a draft for the Reporting Bugs guide

Dario Ruellan dario.ruellan at gmail.com
Wed May 10 06:42:35 UTC 2017

Hi. I'm following this discussion with attention and I think we need to
first separate the idea from the execution, because I understand what
Alberto is trying to do here: simplify documentation so the non technical
user can contribute.

The thing is: documentation as it is today is needed, so more advanced
users can provide more detailed reports, that in the end are going to be
more useful to devs.

In the end, I don't see why those two guides can't coexist, one as a quick
guide, the other as advanced guide.

I love the header on this page, allows me to quickly jump sections.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Overview/Install_Bugs

I also like the idea about videos, since many users are willing to watch
them instead of read a bunch of text.

So, in the end, I think that Alberto need to keep exploring that idea as
complement or introduction for the current documentation, that btw, we are
assuming is still correct and relevant. We also need to be sure that the
"quick version" is also useful for a correct triage of the bug.

PD: It's 3am and I'm writing on the phone, so, bear with me if I'm missing
some points here.