Help to reproduce ubuntu software login bug

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Fri Mar 24 23:04:14 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-03-23 at 10:47 -0600, Leo Arias wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Popey reported this bug, which could be pretty important. But I
> couldn't reproduce it:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-software/+bug/1675445
>
> Can some of you please give it a try?
> What you need is a clean xenial machine. For any newcomers, here are
> some steps to get one in a vm:
> http://elopio.net/blog/install-ubuntu-in-vm/
>
> Then go to ubuntu software, search for ohmygiraffe and try to install
> it.
>
> Let me know how it goes.
> pura vida.

After much trial and error I got the VM up and running, had to make
changes in the BIOS and install some software not listed in the link.
Anyway, I installed 'ohmygiraffe' snap and immediately got a system
whoopsie even before running it. The title of the crash is
_usr_lib_snapd-glib_snapd-login-service.0

The crash file in /var/crash on the VM is 514k however I can't figure
out a way to copy this to my real Gnome system so I can send to
pastebin. I need help on this. FWIW I installed Ubuntu Gnome 16.04.2 on
the VM.

Any suggestions on how to get the crash file output over to my live
machine would be appreciated.

Chris

--
Chris