Odp: Re: I'm stopping contributing

Marcin Xc gtriderxc at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 00:10:50 UTC 2017

As I wrote in my previous message Alberto though You shouldn't record movies, I support You with all my heart. Some developer told me once "Unity was intuitive and was tested". My answer was: give a Mate desktop to a 5year old child which can't read and tell him to start a game. No problem in Mate, mission impossible in Unity. I slowed down my contribution for Ubuntu with the 12.04 release cause I'm like a good market player who sees which company/project is worth investing. It was clear for me that Unity will not succeed.
Ubuntu 11.xx was one of the first and last releases where Bluetooth used to work correctly and without problems with all devices. Someone decided to replace that working packages with new ones: bug reports for this decision are open till today and Ubuntu payed for that a few months ago with Ubuntu Touch project. Someone wanted to built convergence devices without working Bluetooth. "First things first"! I know development is needed to not finish the way Nokia did but I support with all my heart Alberto: someone make thoughtless decisions who makes system unreliable and unstable. I caused that many people stoped using Windows and started using Linux but if I had installed them Ubuntu version from 12.04 they would have come back to Windows. I do not agree with Your Greenpeace comparison but I can confirm that Ubuntu as a system for people is dead. Ubuntu is a system for playing developers who show their fantasy without respect for an end user. I thank God that there are still people like guys from Ubuntu Mate who just show respect for end users.
Cheers
Marcin

  Dnia śr., cze 7, 2017 o 1:03, Alberto Salvia Novella<es20490446e at gmail.com> napisał:   Speaking about the Roman's king, I have just received this email from a
familiar which I have installed Ubuntu:

Cousin:
 > It gets worse every time, especially at start-up, it hangs and
 > needs to restart.

Other mentions in the latests two months:

Father:
 > It usually hangs at start-up, and mouse stops working from time to
 > time.

Friend:
 > Ubuntu was no longer booting up. I needed it for my end of career
 > work, so you know what I did? Removed it and installed Windows 10.

So it seems that all of these happens nearly all of the time:
(https://askubuntu.com/questions/760934/graphics-issues-after-while-installing-ubuntu-16-04-16-10-with-nvidia-graphics)

Root cause: nobody is reporting bugs and nobody is triaging them, as
it's too hard to read the manuals. And people won't allow the needed
change because of:

(https://plus.google.com/+AlbertoSalviaNovella/posts/6fmD4E2vKfP)