Laptop Batteries

Comme ci comme ca icilememe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 08:03:27 UTC 2017

Has a failing (external) battery caused BIOS failure for you? The only
message I get is "system failure; replace system disk". Let us factor out
the issue of  CMOS batteries. Various mechanisms have been attempted:
dry cleaning the RAM, using other RAM, using another HDD, operating on
AC/DC power with no battery, & resetting both BIOS & CMOS to default.
I realize this is an equipment-related issue, however it's messing up my
Ubuntu and Mate 14.04 (64-bit) operations. I do rarely run Win 7 as x32.
I researched this on the web before posting here. The specific occurences
matching this failure message were directed toward Windows.
I'd appreciate salient response(s) from any of you.