I have realised something about people not reporting bugs

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 18:44:58 UTC 2017

Den 2017-04-30 kl. 20:18, skrev Thomas Ward:

> *Sent from my iPhone.  Please excuse any typos, as they are likely to happen by accident.*
>
>> On Apr 30, 2017, at 13:43, Alberto Salvia Novella <es20490446e at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thomas Ward:
>>> Not all of us are comfortable running the latest devel release on our
>>> own computers (bare metal) because it would interfere with other
>>> things we need.
>>
>> I meant testing from a live disc or an external drive.
>>
> Doesn't always catch all the problems - I've seen Live images work but then explosions after install. (Ask Ubuntu has a lot of these types of questions stated, and the after-installation tests are more indicative of bigger problems than from live images)
>

>> --

Ubuntu and the Ubuntu community flavours will often work, when installed
to a USB drive or memory card.

I am often testing like that. The computer is usually empty (no internal
drive). The 'main installed system' resides in an SSD in an external
USB3 and eSATA box, and when I unplug it, the computer is safe for
various testing experiments booted from other external drives.

There is also a small risk to damage hardware. Ten years ago I burned a
graphics card, when I messed with DSL (Damn Small Linux). Ubuntu has
been very nice to the hardware all the time, so I am not worried.

Best regards
Nio