Where / how to report strange label on menu bar

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 19 19:27:03 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:57:49AM -0700, chris hermansen wrote:
> Good day everyone,
>
> Since installing 17.04 and using it in production mode, I have noticed that
> when I download a Libre Office attachment from an email, the menu bar looks
> like this:
>
> Unknown application name   File  Edit   Insert...
>
> Some documents opened from Nautilus result in a menu bar that also looks
> that way; other times it reports the application name as e.g.
>
> LibreOffice Writer   File   Edit   Insert...
>
> I'm uncertain as to where to report this bug.  Does it seem like Unity, or
> LibreOffice, or ...?

I've also seen this running Unity, and that seems like a good place to
start.

> Moreover I guess I would use "ubuntu bug" for this though it doesn't cause
> a crash or any other apparently "exotic" behaviour.  Does that make sense?

Yes, ubuntu-bug will gather some information from your system like what
release you are running and the versions of packages you have installed.
That'll save you some time and back and forth with people triaging the
bug.

--
Brian Murray