16.10 upgrade screen has some issues

flocculant flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 17:47:10 UTC 2016

On 13/10/16 18:21, Brian Murray wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:09:59AM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:00:17AM -0700, chris hermansen wrote:
>>> Just upgrading 16.04 to 16.10 and I see two problems with the upgrade
>>> screen.
>>>
>>> First is "The Ubuntu team is proud to announce Ubuntu 16.04 'Yakkety Yak'."
>>>
>>> Second is the release notes link is to Xenial and not Yakkety.
>>>
>>> I can file a bug for this if it's worth it but I thought it might be
>>> reasonable to mention it here first.
>> A bug would be helpful since this'll require an SRU.
> Actually, it'll be okay without one.
>
> I'm surprised this is the first time someone's noticed this, is there
> not much upgrade testing done?
I do some - irregularly during a cycle - for Xubuntu.

That said I don't often notice anything being reported on the iso
tracker against upgrades for anyone, which is were I would notice them.

Didn't notice that issue though- case of 'autopilot' here probably -
more concerned with whether it actually works or not.