Ubuntu QA Tracker API

Simon Quigley tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 2 04:25:20 UTC 2016

On 03/01/2016 10:15 PM, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for taking this over, I wrote the first version of the site
> almost ten years ago now and am quite amazed it's still being used
> despite people complaining about it for about as long as it existed (but
> nobody coming with anything better either) :)

I actually sort of like it and I think it has potential. Nobody replace it, please! ;D

But I think the same about the LoCo Portal. ;)
> About the API, one request I would have is to make sure to update any
> script used in production by the Ubuntu project ahead of making any
> backward-incompatible API change.

I doubt this will happen but I see where you are coming from. :)

> Those scripts are in lp:ubuntu-archive or in the cdimage branches and
> are responsible for auto-posting images to the tracker, triggering
> builds upon request and doing the image publishing for milestones.
>
> We don't exercise all of those daily so it can be weeks/months before we
> notice a breakage and having to fix things in a rush as we are trying to
> push a milestone out the door isn't much fun.

I agree, I'll watch out for this and maybe work with the maintainer(s) of the script(s) to make sure this doesn't happen. If you do maintain a script that uses the API, please contact me. :)

> Keep up the great work!

I hope that this turns out to be really useful for the future.

If you have any further suggestions, please let me know. :)