Failing to auto-mount CD-Rs on Lenovo T420 laptop

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 14:33:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

For some reason I can automount just about any CD/DVD type except CD-R.

I have a workaround. After inserting a CD-R, run this shell script:-

#!/bin/bash
# script to mount a CD-R
# Ian Bruntlett 15th May 2016

if [ $LOGNAME != "root" ]
then
    echo ERROR: Need to run as root
    exit 1
fi

MOUNT_POINT="/media/ian/cd"

echo $0 runningsudo
if [ ! -d $MOUNT_POINT ]
then
    echo WARNING mount point $1 does not exist. Now making it:-
    mkdir $MOUNT_POINT
else
    echo OK: $MOUNT_POINT exists
fi;

mount -t iso9660  /dev/sr0 $MOUNT_POINT --ro

My system details are:-

ian at turing:~$ uname -a
Linux turing 4.4.0-22-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 12 22:03:46 UTC 2016
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

ian at turing:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    16.04
Codename:    xenial

Checked the Ubuntu Launchpad to see if this problem has been logged.
Couldn't find it. Will log it accordingly if it isn't already on Ubuntu
Launchpad.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -