#1543046 wrongly marked as fixed for Wily

php fan php4fan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 01:13:51 UTC 2016

> And if it is not, then it would get marked "Won't Fix" when
> someone goes through and does post-EOL-release cleanup.

It sounds like that would be the right thing to do. If it's not going to be
fixed, let's at least avoid people the frustration, confusion, and possible
waste of time caused by having bullshit information on Launchpad.

Note also that, given that this bug was claimed to be fixed for Wily and it
isn't, I am quite skeptic that it's really fixed in Trusty too. If I were a
member of a QA team, I would test it on Trusty. There's a simple,
copy-pastable command to run to see whether or not the bug is fixed. I
would test it myself if I had any box with Trusty.

> and prepare your environments
> for upgrading to Xenial when Wily dies on the 28th.

Speaking of "preparing my environments" (that's funny btw: you shouldn't be
supposed to have to "prepare" anything at all for an upgrade), so is there
some "preparation" I can do to make sure that I don't brick my computer
with the upgrade as per issue 1551623? Or at least, some check I can do to
know whether my system is affected, so that I don't upgrade in that case?
(I'd rather have a "dead" Wily, dead as in "past the EOL", than a dead
system, dead as in "it doesn't boot").