Having issues getting hardinfo to work on Xenial

EdLesMann edlesmann at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 18:55:30 UTC 2016

On 01/23/2016 12:19 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
[snip]

> Maybe you can discuss it in the following thread at the Ubuntu Forums :-)
>
> Surface Pro 3 - USB/MicroSD Only Install

Thanks for the link. I did search around before posting about what
others are doing. I didn't see anything in particular about hardinfo not
running though.

I did find a post saying that for hardinfo to run correctly, it needed
multilib support. That is a bit boggling to me. When I run hardinfo
against file it clearly states it is 64bit ELF. But since I don't really
care about this install, I installed lib32z1. That still didn't work
either. I think that poster was confused or I don't understand something.

There also seems to be a bit more discussion about Pro3 then 2 out
there. Don't know why. Then again, I have only mucked about with the
Surface for less than a day so far and everything I know about the
Surface is from this experience. :-)

I will have to give this back (probably next week...the windows admin
will have to reimage it and will probably be a bit pissed at me :-), but
from my short time with it running Lubuntu I actually kind of like the
hardware. I may have to see about picking up a refurb for cheap.

Thanks!