Is this a bug?

Bruce Pieterse dev at otq.za.net
Thu Jan 21 21:15:43 UTC 2016

On 06/01/2016 20:46, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Bruce Pieterse:
>> Are you referring to /var/log/apt/* or /var/log/dkpg.log or both?
>
> /var/log/apt/*
>

> Bruce Pieterse:
>  > I can see dpkg.log with Ubuntu GNOME Xenial (daily) in System Logs
>  > application but can't find any dpkg or apt related logs in another
>  > log application called Logs.
>
> I mean that, in the System Logs application, there is no log from
> "/var/log/apt/*".

Hi Alberto,

I checked Trusty, Vivid and Wily and /var/log/apt/* has never been added
as the default log files you see on the right. You can add it and it
persists when the application is closed (not sure about across reboots).

Perhaps a bug report with a wishlist importance might need to be created
if you want to see it added along with the current default log files listed.

--
All the best,

Bruce