Ubuntu Font Testing

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:40:41 UTC 2016

Nicholas, a further question if I may:

I am running 100% up to date Wily.

When, as per the instructions, I execute:

pango-view --font="UbuntuPrerelease0910 48" --markup --text='<span
fallback="false"> The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.</span>'

I see what appears to be exactly the same display as when I execute

pango-view --font="Deja Vu 48" --markup --text='<span fallback="false">
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.</span>'

That is, the text looks to be rendered in exactly the same font: same
glyphs, same size, everything.  And pretty clearly different from plain old
Ubuntu.

Any ideas?  Is UbuntuPrerelease0910 not really installed in my Wily and
somehow I'm getting Deja Vu instead?  Should I be asking this question
somewhere else?