My hardware profile is added - Thanks!

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Sun Jan 3 22:12:44 UTC 2016

On 01/03/2016 09:57 AM, flocculant at gmx.co.uk wrote:
> On 03/01/16 14:46, Router wrote:
>>
>>> You are nearly there! You are on the right page :)
>>>
>>> You need to make a note of the web address of your hardware profile. I
>>> created one following steps A and B on the table for my Samsung
>>> NC10. In
>>> that case, I ended up with a web address of
>>> https://gist.github.com/21b61903871ee685fc79 You will need web
>>> address of
>>> your computer's hardware profile for step C.
>>>
>>> To quote the instructions on the page, when performing stage C, take
>>> this
>>> advice in mind:-
>>> *(Please follow the instructions on this page very carefully and
>>> edit only
>>> the TOP TABLE. If you need help with editing a wiki page, just ask.)*
>>>
>>> I am completely confident at editing HTML but even so I get nervous
>>> when
>>> editing this table...
>>>
>>> At the top of the page are some options. First thing to do is to
>>> make sure
>>> you are logged in. If you aren't logged in, click on "Login" - if
>>> you need
>>> more details, ask. Assuming you are now logged in, click on the "Edit"
>>> option at the top of the page. You can now edit the raw page. Be very
>>> careful. Follow the instructions. Use the "Preview" button and don't
>>> hesitate to click on "Cancel" if you want to start over again.
>>>
>>> BW,
>>>

>>> Ian
>>>
>> Thanks Ian!  I have successfully added my hardware profile. In fact
>> it was so much fun I may add another :-)  Actually I will run through
>> the tests on the 64 bit PC I listed and then re-run them on an old 32
>> bit machine which I will also add to the list (using the 32 bit image
>> of course).
>>
>> Ken
>>
> If you've done this so you can add this gist thing to the tracker test
> result pages - the option to add it no longer exists.

Yes, we just recently removed it during an update -- it was so confusing
for people. (there's a few other updates we've snuck in too, we'll have
to talk about soon!). We should update the wiki to reflect this change,
and potentially think about what to do with / recommend hardware
profiles going forward.