Upgrade was a disaster as usual <- still dead horse, just a clarification.

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 12 18:39:19 UTC 2016

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 03:45:31 -0500
JMZ <florentior at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/11/2016 07:12 PM, teo teo wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > 2) sticking to an LTS for 2 f***ing years means sticking to
> > tremendously obsolete software, usually full of bugs that have
> > already been fixed upstream (by the way that is usually already
> > true when the ubuntu release is brand new, let alone two years
> > later),
> <snip>
>
> I know, someone's going to think, "don't feed the troll".  Hear me
> out. Teo teo's concerns about LTS are not trollish.  Users who elect
> to run LTS rather than incremental releases must, at some point,
> maintain the system with more current debs which approximate the
> incremental upgrades.  I always follow the incremental upgrades, as
> I'd rather fix a version which is farther along in development than
> LTS.  I never fully understood why a individual user would use LTS.
> LTS is better suited to a circumstance where uniformity is prized,
> such as small businesses, corporations, libraries etc.  Teo teo is
> certainly right that an LTS plan of action has significant deficits.

That might be true (that Teo's concerns may be important). Nevertheless,
s/he behaves in a trollish way, and *intentionally* has been evading
moderation.

S/he is moderated again.

I personally do not care if these concerns are valid or not -- I
stopped reading her/his comments the moment they went to Trollland.

There are many ways of raising an issue. The way s/he does it is not
acceptable on the Ubuntu ecosystem.

Cheers,

..C..