There's an idiot mass-closing old unfixed bugs

Paul White paulw2u at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 16 16:20:02 UTC 2016

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016, at 16:28, Teo Tei wrote:

> I have seen half a dozen bugs which I had reported myself ages ago,
> closed in the last few days by this guy. So I have re-checked some of
> those issues, and every single one of them still exists unfixed.

I think that Thomas Ward has already addressed several points that I
wanted to raise and probably better than I would have done anyway.

Bug reports against no longer supported versions of Ubuntu or against
old versions of packages are not, in my opinion, of not much use. The
development of Ubuntu moves on quicker than some bugs can ever be fixed.

I'm also on a crusade of closing, or at least tagging for closure, old
bugs that will *never* be fixed as they have only ever been reported
against versions of Ubuntu that are no longer supported. Generally my
actions against such bug reports will give you 59 days in which to reply
to my comments in order to either update the bug report or to create a
new report against a newer version of whatever flavour of Ubuntu. you
may be using.

Most of us here are volunteers and we will get it wrong from time to
time but many Launchpad actions can be reversed. :)
--
Paul White
PaulW2U at ubuntu.com