Screen savers

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:52:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

What with flat screens being so common, I appreciate that people regard
screen savers as redundant - except when they are used to lock a computer
after they are unused a certain amount of time.

However, I help people with mental health problems use FLOSS. When a
computer's screen goes black, some people report that behaviour as a system
crash.

Ideally I'd be able to have a screen saver that I can configure with a
message something like "Please use the Shutdown option to switch off this
computer".

Tried Googling for this and didn't see much. Tried the Dash and System
Settings as well and didn't notice anything there either.

Any ideas?

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -