Wily Final Beta Testing is here

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 04:54:36 UTC 2015

Hi again Chris,

There are several problems with usb-creator-gtk alias the Ubuntu Startup
Disk Creator. You may or may not have noticed our discussion here about
it. Instead of trying to attach a file I will supply to a thread at the
Ubuntu Forums, where we are also discussing the problems of
usb-creator-gtk. See the file SDC-test.ods, attached to post #40

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2291946&page=2&p=13358864#post13358864

It seems you are affected by another bug than what I found recently,
when I tested in and between various versions of *buntu. At least, the
error output is different. Syslinux boots, but stops early.

Which version did you try to install (which iso file was the source)?

Can you make a USB drive boot if you use another tool?

Is the (target) computer running in BIOS or UEFI mode?

This mailing list is a good place to report and discuss bugs. It may not
be the best place for solving your problem - maybe it is better to start
a thread at the Ubuntu Forums :-)

Best regards
Nio