What's up with Ubuntu's handling of bugs?

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Tue Sep 22 16:30:28 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-22 18:39, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> S.:
>> So, what exactly is "open" about Ubuntu, if all their development
>> happens behind closed doors and they don't care about their users' bug
>> reports?
>
> I think the problem belongs to
> <http://www.ubuntu.com/legal/contributors>, what dissuades people from
> helping.

The CLA has nothing to do with triaging bugs and collaborating with the
bug reporters. Furthermore, in most cases, bugs should be fixed
upstream, which means fixing the bugs doesn't need to mean anything with
the CLA either.

I plead again: please stop sending irrelevant, aggressive messages to
this list to keep the noise level to minimum.

Cheers,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                » http://open.knome.fi/