Launchpad Greasemonkey Scripts

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 24 17:46:08 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 03:12:46PM -0800, Brendan Perrine wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 16:17:17 +0100
> Jean-Baptiste Lallement <jean-baptiste.lallement at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > Le 19/11/2015 00:26, Brian Murray a écrit :
> > > I've worked on and use some greasemonkey scripts[1] that modify Launchpad
> > > and make some tasks easier. One of them, lp_button_tags, isn't currently
> > > working and I thought this would make a good Google Code In project.
> > > Having said that it wouldn't be very rewarding if I'm the only person
> > > still using these.
> > >
> > > So is anybody else still using these scripts?
> > >
> > I still use them, especially the stock replies, the script that opens a
> > dropdown with official tags, and I like the karma suffix. Maybe I use
> > other gm scripts but it's been installed for so long that I think it's
> > part of LP now :)
> >
> > JB.
> >
> > > Or have you never heard of them and do you want the script which makes
> > > it easier to tag bugs working again?
> > >
> > > [1] https://launchpad.net/launchpad-gm-scripts
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > --
> > > Brian Murray
> > >

> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Lallement
> > irc: jibel
> >
> > --
>
> Yeah if I was triaging for quite a lot I think a copying the default
> replies into a clipboard manager like clipit or parcellite could be a
> really good option. Having to switch a browser tab to select automatic
> replies each time seems clunky.  I actually did not know about these
> launchpad greasemonkey scripts before.

You don't actually need to switch to a browser tab, the script modifies
the Launchpad page when it is rendering in Firefox so that there is new
content on the page. For example, a hyperlink is displayed that says
"Missing Apport Information" and when you click on that link the bug is
changed to Incomplete, a standard response is added to the comment box,
and you are subscribed to the bug report. It's much better than using a
clipboard manager.

--
Brian Murray