Wiki Map and how to find child pages

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at ubuntu.com
Tue May 19 00:00:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Istimsak Abdulbasir <saqman2060 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You are suggesting an index section listing pages that can accessed by
> clicking on them rather than navigation through parent pages?

Hi and thanks for your reply :)

I'm CC'ing the list just in case someone else might have the same question
as yours :)

I am 'not suggesting an index list rather than navigation header :)

If you take a look at our Wiki area of Ubuntu GNOME:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME

It is something I came up with instead of my OneStopPage [1][2] concept and
I call it: Central Home Page (CHP).

Each 'main' page has a navigation header while each sub-page (child) has a
back to link or button such us:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing/IamNew

I am working on applying the full concept to all the main pages of Ubuntu
GNOME and I am not yet done.

The index:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/WikiMap

Is super helpful because:

   1. NO WAY any page will be lost as long as once you create it, you add
   it to the index.
   2. Makes life much easier to maintain all the pages of a project (in
   this case, an official flavour or any other community within Ubuntu).
   3. Reduce the time to find something rather than going through many
   things.
   4. Provide a tree view (a map) for the entire Wiki pages.
   5. Very easy to find the parent and the child pages in case of any messy
   situation.

The trick is: you add new pages once created to the index.

My email I sent had 2 points:

   - Suggesting to add an index
   - Asking how can I find a parent page to a sub or child page, such as:
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Overview/#Bugs

I hope this is clear now?

Thank you :)