Automatic image testing

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed May 6 21:15:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 01:31:48PM +0200, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Alberto Salvia Novella:
> > I wonder if <https://errors.ubuntu.com/> isn't working too.
>
> Brian Murray:
> >The graph being broken doesn't mean the whole website "isn't working"
> >which is what your first email indicated.
>
> Precision isn't one of my values, because that's the automatic
> consequence of simplicity.

I think it is really unfortunate that you don't value precision, as
being precise promotes clarity which allows people reading your work to
better understand why you made an action or statement. This particularly
important in the distributed and collaborative work environment that is
Ubuntu development.

Were you just to have said exactly what you thought was wrong it would
have saved both of us time.

> Brian Murray:
> > Additionally, a bug report would have been useful.
>
> I opened a bug report about a different flaw in the Error Tracker,
> and never got attended. So I figured out that the best use of my
> time wasn't reporting errors, but helping with them.

This is again another example of your lack of precision, not telling us
the bug number you reported, such that no one reading this list can go
confirm that bug and I wasted time looking for it.

I hope you'll take some time to reconsider the value of precision and
how a lack of it negatively effects the rest of the Ubuntu community.

--
Brian Murray