Adobe Flash Online Settings Manager isn't working

Damir B d4m1r_b at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:54:09 UTC 2015

I mean, there are several issues here;

1) The flash-player-properties package wasn't installed for you guys for some reason with your .440 Adobe Flash install and it was for me....Something broken with the installer or an intended change for Ubuntu 14.10 users? Since it can't find that package in the official Ubuntu repo's (if you guys are getting unable to locate package message), it almost seems like an intentional choice. I would try to see if you can track down an installer (.deb) for this package and manually install it. If this was an intentional design choice, it wasn't a good one because now you guys can only access your Adobe Flash settings via the online version....

2) Works for all Flash related websites, but not for the Settings page. Doubt this is something Adobe is willing or even can fix just on their (webpage) end so I'd still report just this aspect on Launchpad against this latest Adobe Flash version, with the only seemingly affected version being 14.10 (and possibly only x64).

3)"Adobe said they won't fix it, and recommended Firefox to use Pepperflash", that Adobe forum moderator is obviously not
familiar with the NPAPI vs Pepper implementation on linux issues so I'd just ignore his comment (he probably does not come
from a developer background).

4) If you guys weren't following the latest development of Firefox, they actually released a new "Insecure Content" feature that is enabled by default (shipped with version 35). Basically, if I access the Adobe Flash online settings page with it enabled, I just get a white page with a bunch of text. If I disable it, the page then works perfectly as it has before, so there is now an additional step required to get the page working and I am now wondering if that is where you guys are fumbling....How to disable it? Well, you can't permanently from what I know but to temporarily disable it on the current page you on, look to the far left of the address bar...There should be a shield icon. Click on it, then click the Options button, and then hit "disable protection for now". It should automatically reload the page and the Adobe Flash online settings view should now be loaded and functional.

Let us know if that does the trick because at this point, I am all out of ideas :)

Damir