Read the message

cmhowe at patriot.net cmhowe at patriot.net
Tue Feb 17 20:47:16 UTC 2015

Brian or hggdh2 or Jean'baptist,

I'm an old guy. My birthday was April 27, 1926. I tried to be a programmer
but was lousy at it. I graduated from the UNC -- Chapel Hill with a BS in
'49 and a MS in '51 in Physics. Sixty-five years later I find myself
wanting to use Linux to get something of enormous importance accomplished.
My effectiveness is greatly diminished. I can't use Thunderbird, (Use
SquirrelMail instead.) can't print and am constantly losing stuff if I use
a text editor. Lowriter saves the day.

The problem was created on Jan 24, 2014. I am willing to send screen shots
if you wish. I want Ubuntu 12-04 LTS restored. novalug, which I have
belonged to for fourteen years and which has an excellent reputation,
washes its collective hands. svlug won't help.I get BLU's digest but
havn't badgered them. I figure you are the ones to goto.

Here's what you can look at. I live at an assisted living establishment,
Emeritus Manassas. There is a fellow named Gen Robert Scleiger. I decided
I would attempt to find out his war record, so I keyed in Emeritus
Manassas Gen Robert D Shleiger. The system's behavior was extremely
peculiar. It wouldn't let me get back to the screen where I get and send
mail. Screenshots if you wish.

Charlie