A bug in Upstart in Ubuntu 15.04

NikTh nikth76 at yandex.com
Fri Feb 13 14:24:36 UTC 2015

On 13/02/2015 03:41 μμ, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Upstart will be dropped in Ubuntu for 15.04, won't it?
>
> I ask because I want to confirm if the following bug is related with
> that: <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/upstart/+bug/1415256>

As far as I know yes. Systemd would be the PID 1 in Ubuntu 15.04.
What I don't know is if a mix or systemd units and upstart services will
exist, but I think this would be confusing enough, so I guess not.

I have 15.04 dev/branch installed (with all proposed repos enabled) and
systemd IS the PID 1 service right now.

Here is the blueprint for the transition if you want to link it[1]

In your position I would drop the bug for upstart, linked to the
blueprint for systemd and informed the user(s) about this transition.

[1]:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/core-1403-systemd-transition