Is fixing bugs a responsibility of this team?

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 12 15:34:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 00:35:40 +0100
Alberto Salvia Novella <es20490446e at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip/>

> On the other hand there's no role in the Quality team intended for
> bug fixing, so the activity looks like it has gone orphan.

For a reason: QA is *NOT* development. BugSquad is *NOT* development.

> So these decisions need to be taken:
> - If to keep or to remove the Bug Squad.

It is kept.

> - Which are the ambit of responsibility of each team.

The *primary* activity of the QA team is QA. The *primary activity of
the BugSquad (and BugControl) team is bug *TRIAGING*. Neither QA not
BugSquad are involved in development (expect for their own tools), and
neither of them are involved in *FIXING* bugs (except for their own).

These are the TEAMS. A member of one (or both) of these teams may
perform other activities as well.

> - Where the bug fixing activity go.

Keeps as it is.

I think you are confusing things here. As Pali said, nothing prohibits,
or is made to inhibit, anyone trying to fix a bug. No matter what team
this person "belongs" to. In fact, many of us wear many, and sometimes
multiple, hats. For example, the fact that I am a developer, belonging
to a (code) development team in LP does not prohibit me from doing QA
(and lo and behold, finding a bug in a test and fixing it).

Cheers,

..C..

--
ab alio expectes alteri quod feceris