We could join an open source crowdfunding platform

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 10 23:10:32 UTC 2015

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:48:17 +0100
Alberto Salvia Novella <es20490446e at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think Ubuntu should join:
> <https://bountysource.com>

How would we join? What are the metrics? Who is going to offer a
bounty? Who managesit? What is the advantage for us, or Fedora, or Arch,
or <whatever>?

I can see persons getting irritated that their pet bugs do not get
attention. I can see them joining into something like this and offering
a consolidated bounty for one or more bugs in one or more packages.

I can *imagine* Ubuntu joining in and offering bounties. But I
cannot see it happening unless there are very clear definition on what
is expected, what is the gain, where the money/assets/gifts come from,
etc.

Throwing in an idea is good. But it is much better when the idea is
developed in a proposal. All we have is the idea, where is the proposal?

Cheers,

..C..

--
ab alio expectes alteri quod feceris