Asking users to upstream

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:43:55 UTC 2015

Thomas Ward:
> (First character here is EMOJI - NonDisplay on Ubuntu + Thunderbird).
> We've had this discussion MANY times prior with you and on this list
> about using Emoji - don't.

Okay, you are right.

I promise I won't be posting emails with pictographs, at least while
Ubuntu LTS prints that horrible default character. And if the situation
changed, I would be asking for your permission before posting them.

On the other hand it's very sad not being able to use visuals, as I feel
they bring plenty of dynamism when used adequately.

Perhaps string emoticons instead? (^_-)

Thomas Ward:
 > At the point of checking if Upstream supports the version of the
 > software, then perhaps give an advisory to upstream.

So shall I add now that very same recommendation?