Hello

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 29 11:52:09 UTC 2014

On 29/09/14 12:35, Ian Bruntlett wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thank you for your kind replies.
>
> There are many ways for Ubuntu volunteers to communicate. I've got an
> Ubuntu One account. I am subscribed to this list. And I've joined the
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/ page.
>
> As I mentioned before, I'm quite active with Ubuntu and lubuntu installs.
> So here's my first bit of feedback...
>
> Yesterday I downloaded and installed lubuntu.
>
> Here are the technical details:-
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 ian ian 630M Sep 28 17:10
> lubuntu-14.10-beta2-alternate-i386.iso
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 ian ian  444 Sep 28 17:07 MD5SUMS_lubuntu
> ian at rutherford:~/isos$ md5sum lubuntu-14.10-beta2-alternate-i386.iso
> 62da9daeaa314fa22b6fbced57568827  lubuntu-14.10-beta2-alternate-i386.iso
>
> It installed OK with no problems. However, when booted up, apart from the
> BIOS screen, nothing is displayed. This PC originally had a working lubuntu
> 14.04LTS running on it perfectly.
You'll find that people /who've found similar and are testing and are
actually reporting/  will have bugs reported - check out

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/defects

> Hardware used:-
> Dell Optiplex GX50
> 1.3GHz Celeron
> 512MB RAM
> 20GB Hard disc
> CD-ROM drive
>
> Grub2 does run. I've switched it on and pressed the left shift button to
> get to the Grub2 screen and played around with that to no avail.
>
> 1. Hope I've got the right place for this image test report.
The best place to report test results is on the tracker - the daily
tracker is at

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/315/builds
> 2. Hope it is useful :)

Most things are useful :)