Bug 1325801 still affects the released 14.10 image, ie image won't boot!!!

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 15:09:39 UTC 2014

Den 2014-10-25 15:08, Alberto Salvia Novella skrev:
> Chris Hermansen:
>> Presumably this is going to sadden a great number of people.
>
> Our goal is not to not sadden people, but to make the best operating
> system we can here and now.
>
> So relax :)

Yes, that is our goal :-)

That bug will be fixed soon. Someone reported that there is already a
version of Unetbootin with a bug-fix available from Sourceforce. It will
take some time for it to trickle down to the Ubuntu repositories. And it
will take some time for the bug-fix in the Startup Disk Creator, but it
will happen soon.

Until then I would recommend mkusb in linux and Win32DiskImager in
Windows. See this link

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick#Known_Issues

Best regards
Nio