Final Image Testing for Utopic!

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 18:17:00 UTC 2014

Nicholas, list;

One problem I have run into that I'm not clear on how to report - it seems
that my NVIDIA 750 is not correctly supported and I am put in a really
low-resolution graphics mode.  In fact, so low resolution that I can't read
the bottom half of the screen settings, and of course that window can not
be resized... also there are no other drivers detected, though I know that
NVIDIA has some closed source drivers that work fine with this card.

How should I go about reporting this kind of thing?  I am continuing the
install "blind" to see if, once installed, I can get decent screen
resolution without resorting to packages outside the distro.

Thanks in advance

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Nicholas Skaggs <
nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2014 11:54 AM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
>
>> We're just about a week away from the first RC images for utopic hitting
>> the image tracker. Please plan to help test the images as they appear. RC
>> images should appear on the tracker by Oct 17th and no later than October
>> 20th.
>>
>> Never tested an image before? Checkout the information on the wiki,
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/QATracker and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/
>> Testing/ISO/Walkthrough. You can sharpen your skills right now by
>> testing a daily image. If you encounter any issues during testing please
>> don't hestiate to ask for help. Don't forget, you can talk in realtime on
>> IRC on freenode @ #ubuntu-quality.
>>
>> http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-quality
>>
>> A big thank you to all of you who have and will participate in making
>> sure utopic is the best quality it can be. Happy Testing!
>>
>> Nicholas
>>
> The images are here!
>
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/325/builds
>
> Please help test these images as they will become the final version of
> utopic for ubuntu and its flavors!
>

> Nicholas

Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.