HP Compaq nx9030 and 14.04.1

Ali Linx ali.linux at amjjawad.net
Tue Oct 7 05:15:29 UTC 2014

On 10/07/2014 02:30 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2014-10-06 16:04, Alberto Salvia Novella skrev:
>> Nio Wiklund:
>>> If the PAE issue stops you, the computer
>>> will stop very early, not act like you described.
>> In
>> <https://launchpadlibrarian.net/186622425/10600520_10203068700657798_3304663011951813746_n.jpg>,
>> the kernel says it's a matter of PAE; what fits what documentation says
>> in <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PAE>.
>>
> Hi Alberto and Ali,
Hi everyone,

> My mistake, I must have read only the text in the mail and from that
> concluded that the computer booted and even logged in and out. Maybe I
> confused it with the dialogue in another thread.
>
> But --forcepae in the picture is not correct. It should be -- forcepae
>
> "{space}--{space}forcepae" at the end of that line.

That picture was when I tried to boot Xubuntu 14.04 from a LiveUSB and
yes, I have not added "space" between "--" and "forcepae" so that was
possibly the reason why I got that error on the taken picture that
Alberto included which I attached to the bug report :)

> I hope it helps you Ali :-)

My main issue is not booting the system. That is a minor issue and it is
solved.
The main problem here is that the machine is not usable. Almost most if
not all is lagging after logging to the desktop.

> Best regards
> Nio

Okay, this machine is playing hide and seek with me.
Xubuntu 12.04 (Kernel: 3.2.0-69) is working now without any problem.

Yesterday, I was trying to install "xubuntu-restricted-extras" and it
never worked neither from Terminal, nor Synaptic nor Ubuntu Software
Center. The machine was frozen when I tried and it did not even let me
finish the command "sudo apt-get install xubuntu-restricted-extras" ...

Now, it seems fine.

I have rebooted many times yesterday with no luck.
It seems better today.

No idea what is going on with that machine ...

Maybe it is the load on the CPU because with such weak machine, it is
very easy to see the CPU usage at 100% and very easy to produce that.

Thanks!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad