Introducing myself

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Wed May 7 18:04:29 UTC 2014

On 04/26/2014 05:43 AM, WIlliam Main wrote:
> I learned how to program assembler on a PDP-8 when I was 8 years old. I've
> programmed in Cobol, Fortran, Pascal, C, C++, C#, BASIC, Prolog, Haskel,
> Scheme, Lisp, Ruby and Python. I've used computers that were large enough
> to stand inside of (Modcomp, Digital, IBM, Perkin Elmer) all the way down
> to embedded micro-controllers.
>
> I am currently involved in python open source programming.
>
> I use only Ubuntu at home. I've migrated over 100 people from Windows to
> Linux/BSD.

William, forgive my late reply as I was away for a bit. I like the idea
of being able to stand inside a computer! I've had experience working on
mainframes that I suppose fit that bill, but nothing like that lately :-)

I'm excitied to hear you like python and would encourage you to checkout
writing some automated tests. We use a tool called autopilot, and the
tool and tests are written in python. Do hop on IRC and ping balloons.
I'd love to chat more about how you can help!

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-quality

Thanks,

Nicholas