🐞 Ubuntu Bug Weekend will start this weekend

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 3 15:25:15 UTC 2014

On 03/03/14 15:08, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> The 03/03/14 14:59, Elfy wrote:
>> Will you please just use text.
>
> I normally respect compatibility across systems and technologies, as
> it could be those which only features plain text emails (mainly
> because using GNU Privacy Guard).
>
> On the other hand, visual representation is very important for humans:
>
> - Memory retention: http://tinyurl.com/ns2ypqj
> - Cognitive speed: http://tinyurl.com/qxtzf9r
>
> So text formatting and image embedding seems for me like a mandatory
> feature, also over featuring GNU Privacy Guard.
>
> But I'll consider using plain text only if you could provide me a
> picture about how you see my emails where you usually read them, along
> with a list of inconveniences HTML format causes to your email usage.
>
> Regards (^_~)

"Avoid sending emails in HTML format, if possible. Some people may find
it more difficult to read or reply to these emails. Also, HTML email
takes up more space, so people with restricted Internet access will be
happier to receive plain text emails."

Attached a pic - which doesn't include the enormous ubuntu spashed all
over it - do people on an Ubuntu mailing list actually need reminding
that the mail they are reading is about Ubuntu?

You were asked not to do this in a previous mail thread.

Elfy

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member
Xubuntu QA Lead