Re: 🐞 Ubuntu Bug Weekend will start this weekend

Thomas Ward teward at trekweb.org
Mon Mar 3 15:31:55 UTC 2014

>> On Mar 3, 2014, at 10:21, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 3 March 2014 15:08, Alberto Salvia Novella <es20490446e at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The 03/03/14 14:59, Elfy wrote:
>>>
>>> Will you please just use text.
>>

>> I normally respect compatibility across systems and technologies, as it
>> could be those which only features plain text emails (mainly because using
>> GNU Privacy Guard).
>>
>> On the other hand, visual representation is very important for humans:
>>
>> - Memory retention: http://tinyurl.com/ns2ypqj
>> - Cognitive speed: http://tinyurl.com/qxtzf9r
>>
>> So text formatting and image embedding seems for me like a mandatory
>> feature, also over featuring GNU Privacy Guard.
>>
>> But I'll consider using plain text only if you could provide me a picture
>> about how you see my emails where you usually read them, along with a list
>> of inconveniences HTML format causes to your email usage.
>
> For me all that bold text is just plain annoying and makes it
> difficult to read the text without it shouting at me all the time.
>
> Colin

Not to mention it annoys the heck out of those of is stuck with mobile devices for reading our emails.

This has been discussed previously, and a LOT of us had suggested to you that you use plaintext and drop the Emoji and such.

I'm actually going to ask you to try and use just text without formatting.  Formatting may be useful, but ONLY to a certain extent on mailing lists.  You're overdoing it.

------
Thomas
LP: ~teward