Common situations where a bug isn't real

Robert Park robert.park at canonical.com
Wed Jun 18 07:25:37 UTC 2014

On Jun 17, 2014 5:49 PM, "Alberto Salvia Novella" <es20490446e at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > And desktops are displaying the emoji exactly as desired?
> >
> > http://i.imgur.com/1jOLWTo.png
>
> Just for curiosity, which is that desktop?

That's Firefox in utopic.

> I will remove emojis when I have a break, after getting some sleep.

Thanks. I think i speak for everybody when I say, we don't disagree with
you about the effectiveness of images in conveying information. Just that
Emoji are not the right way to put images in a website that's meant for
everybody. Maybe if this wiki was *only* for phone users then we could have
Emojis, but the vast majority of Ubuntu users are on the desktop & server,
so Emoji aren't a good fit.