latest 10.04 lts update

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 05:17:54 UTC 2014

2014-06-12 23:41, Chick skrev:
> Howdy Folks ,
>
> just loaded the latest updates and headers for 10.04lts , and now NO video will play on ANY player ...mplayer , totem , ect. , all just lock-up and go black.... have to force quit THEN go into System Monitor and kill the proc.
>
> any vid in Firefox ( ie.- facebook auto-play / imbed. vid ) starts another firefox thread which Immediately goes zombie , then goes dark and locks...
> force-quit , sys-mon .....you get the idea .
> Able to load previous ver. , but i'd REALLY rather not ..........any Ideas , Gang ?????
>

> Chick
> LensCrafters® Eye Exams
> Schedule Your Exam Online Today! Official LensCrafters® Site.
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/539a1ed325a891ed30b7bst03duc

Hi Chick,

I think it's an issue with the last kernel update:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1327300

Boot into previous kernel (2.6.32-60) to get a temporary solution.

-o-

But you still have a problem:

Ubuntu 10.04 desktop is unsupported and hence a security risk, and it
has been like that for more than a year. I recommend a fresh install of
one of the 14.04's.

Best regards
Nio