Files being wiped by cloud storage services

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 23:54:17 UTC 2014

On 06/06/14 22:55, Chris Hermansen wrote:
 > Dropbox is in the repos for 14.04.

Thank you, but I'm sticking with libre software as far as possible.
Lock-ins are bad for you to be free!

On 06/06/14 22:23, Thomas Ward wrote:
 > I thought Ubuntu One is being discontinued?
 >
 > For any other 'cloud storage' solution, are there even any packages
in the repositories still for this?

"grive" is the official repositories, while "grive-tools" is in a
private one.

I have just discovered the answer to my question, while reading the
"grive" description in GitHub; which says:

<<There are a few things that Grive does not do at the moment:
- wait for changes in file system to occur and upload. A sync is only
performed when you run Grive.>>

So the most probable answer is:

- "grive-tools" have been developed by a second party that handled
incorrectly the mentioned limitation.
- The same bug in the Ubuntu One Client, knowing how buggy it is, most
probably is due to the client itself too.

So that's all folks: some developers making the same mistake in two
different applications. No reason to dig further.

Regards to you.