Ubuntu-quality Digest, Vol 81, Issue 5

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 14:41:17 UTC 2014

On 08/07/14 11:35, Aditya Rohilla wrote:
> I have read all the necessary information about bug triaging. Please tell
> me how to start bug triaging for ubuntu.

If this is the first time you triage bugs, you can just stick with the
basics of it and get used to them. In fact these provide great value to
the process.

LIST

I would start with confirmed bugs for the two latest releases, starting
with those with the highest heat (http://tinyurl.com/or6zwep).

Or even with papercuts, if you want just easy bugs to work on
(http://tinyurl.com/mqpow9).

SHINE

Then just follow these steps:

  1. If the bug is written in a language different than English,
translate it using Google Translator (https://translate.google.com) and
ask the user to review the translation.

  2. Check the bug is fixable (http://tinyurl.com/paa6hgu). If it isn't
set its status to invalid, and briefly explain why.

  3. Check if its description tells which steps to follow to reproduce
it, and what is the difference between the expected and the real result.
If it doesn't say, ask the user for it; and set the bug status to
incomplete.

  4. Check the title is as specific as possible.

  5. Check the panel hasn't obvious errors to you.

  6. Check there isn't any obvious duplicates (http://tinyurl.com/nwlmquo)

And that's all. Ubuntu Bug Control members will find your report and
finish it later on.

Regards.